Boulder is located about an hour away from the Denver International Airport and the Starhouse is about 3.4 miles west of downtown Boulder in Sunshine Canyon. You need a car or taxi to get to and from The StarHouse as there is no public transportation in the canyon. It is located in the foothills 1500 feet above Boulder, which brings it to 7000 feet above sea level. In the spring and fall the weather can range from cold and snowy to warm and pleasant with not much in between…it is best to pack layers.
For lodging and accommodations, check out these nearby Hotels:
- Boulder Marriott $139-209 – 157 rooms. 15 minutes from The StarHouse on Canyon Drive 303-440-8877. Walking distance to 3 restaurants – on outskirts of commercial area – has in-hotel dining
- Boulder Mountain Lodge $77-189 – 29 rooms 10 minutes from The StarHouse on Four Mile Canyon Road 303-444-0882. In an adjacent canyon – need car to get to town to eat
- Millennium Harvest House $109-315 – 269 rooms 15 minutes from The StarHouse on Arapahoe 303-443-3850. On outskirts of commercial area – ¼ mile drive to restaurants, has in-hotel dining
- Briar Rose Bed & Breakfast $139-204 – 10 rooms 15 minutes from The StarHouse 303-442-3007. Across the street from Naropa University – walking distance to 2 restaurants and 4 blocks from east Pearl (Boulder’s center & walking mall)
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM DENVER AIRPORT
Boulder lies north and west of DIA and is accessible via several means. You may of course rent a car if you choose. You may also take a bus. RTD (regional transportation district) is our transit service; you may pick up schedules for the Boulder bound AB bus in the airport just outside the escalators – or - go to www.rtd-denver.com
for schedules –The cost for one way trip is $10 and you must have exact change. The closest bus stop to our location is Walnut Station (the end of the line). From here you need a car or taxi to get the StarHouse as public transportation in Boulder does not serve Sunshine Canyon.
- Green ride suttle at 303.997.0238 http://greenrideboulder.com
- Airport Shuttle/Boulder Express is a hotel to airport service 888-457-4646
Both the Millenium and the Marriot will arrange transportation to and from Denver International Airport for you when you make your reservations.
If you are traveling by car, take Pena Boulevard (airport road) to I-70 west which merges into 270 west/Boulder; 270 west merges into Highway 36 which will take you straight into Boulder. You may also take the E-470 toll way which cost $6 each way. Toll way entrance is located on Pena Boulevard marked by a North Bound Boulder/Ft Collins sign. Follow the toll way to its end in Broomfield and merge onto 36 Highway west to get to Boulder.
To get to The StarHouse from Highway 36…take the Baseline Exit of 36. Turn left (west) onto Baseline Road. When you come to 9th
Street go right (north). Stay on 9th
until you come to Mapleton Street and go left (west) onto Mapleton. Mapleton turns into Sunshine Canyon Road. We are located 3.4 miles into the canyon. Our driveway is marked with a white sign with a light green border listing our 3476 address. Drive to the top of the road and park on your right.